Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Calling an XLL from VB?

Maury,
As Tom says, an XLL is compiled, so forget about seeing the code.
I'm not sure how different an XLL is from a standard DLL, but with the only
XLL that I have on my system (ANALYS32.xll), calls to it seem routed through
XLCALL32.DLL's "Excel4V" function. So, assuming the actual call, arguments
and return type etc are correct (which I am not), this will not work:
Private Declare Function XLLFunc1 Lib "C:\ANALYS32.XLL" Alias "bin2dec"
(BinStr As String) As Long

There probably are ways of using the XLL directly, but not sure how straight
forward in VB:
http://www.delphi3000.com/articles/article_4104.asp?SK=

However, it does seem a rewrite would be easier if you understand the
concepts of the functions in the XLL and create an ActiveX DLL that's native
to VB or a standard DLL with some extra work.

NickHK

"Maury Markowitz" wrote in
message ...
"Franck" wrote:

Wish this will help you
http://www.planatechsolutions.com/xlpfaq/Q0032.htm

Well it's not EXACTLY what I need, but it will likely help me get there.
Thanks!

Maury