Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Save Extension

Jason,
AFAIK, you cannot achieve this in a single step.
You actually want the file to be in XL format, but with your custom
extension ?
So .SaveAs normally, close the WB (or use .SaveCopyAs) the rename the file.

Name MyFile.xls As MyFile.Quote
using the full path as applicable, on a closed WB.

NickHK

"Jason Zischke" wrote in message
Hi NickHK

Thanks for the reply, but I think I need o explain this better. What

happens
is when excel saves it adds on the *.xls extension which when my custom

open
dialog is used it doesn't show them it only looks for my custom extensions
which are *.Quote, *.Contract & *.Eti, my code is shown below.

FileSaveName = QuoteNumber & CustomerName & AccountName & ".Quote"

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=FileSaveName, FileFormat:=xlNormal,
WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False

Jason

"NickHK" wrote:

Jason,
How are you doing you .Save ?
I suspect all computers have the double extension, but because they are

set
to hide known extensions, you just don't see it.

NickHK

"Jason Zischke" wrote in

message
Hi All,

I have a workbook that has a save function that saves out a certain

sheet
and puts a custom extension on it other than "*.xls". However when I

put
it
on this one computer it puts my extension on and then the ".xls"

extension
on. How can I stop this?

Jason