Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default What does # mean in front of IF statements

That means conditional statements.

In VBA, when the code is compiled, the #If statement is checked , and if
true (a windows system in the example) it compiles one command, if not, it
compiles the other.

It is a very useful method to allow your code to be platform, or version,
independent.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a couple macros that run on PC and Macs. I learned that I have
to put a "#" in front of the file access code to make the macro utilize
the appropriate OS commands:

Example:

#If Win32 Then
LoadFileName = Application.GetOpenFilename(FileFilter)
#ElseIf Mac Then
LoadFileName = Application.GetOpenFilename()
#End If

Can someone explain why the # is necessary and what it means?

Thanks