Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Cammy Cammy is offline

Default US date needs reformatting but not recognised by my UK compute

Unfortunately this mixes up the day and the month, because of the US
formatting of the date, so it does not work for the date given in the example
below...

" wrote:

Would this work as a first step?

=YEAR(yourcell)&MONTH(yourcell)&DAY(yourcell)

Cammy wrote:
I have a file which is sent to me by a third party which I am formatting
using a macro. I am having trouble with the date.

In the cell it contains the date "10/16/2006". I need to covert it into the
format 20061016, but since it is in US format I cannot convert it into a
date and then change it into a custom date like I usually would. I need
advice on how to do this using a macro.