Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] JCDalrymple@gmail.com is offline

Default Help

I have a challenge for you...

I have been sent a file in which there are 21 columns and in the 21st
column there's approximately 20 seperate pieces of information. In the
21st column I need to get a piece of information that is generally in
the format of XXX XXXXXXX XX (X's = numbers). The problem lies that
this piece of info is in a different part of the column, i.e. sometimes
last, sometimes 5th, sometimes 11th, etc. and I need that info in a
column of it's own. Besides the format it is the only piece of info
that is all numeric. Below is an example of one of the cells in which
I need the info. Just so I don't get fired, because I really have no
idea what this info is, I have replaced the numbers with X's and some
of the letters with astericks. The piece of info I need in this cells
follows "*DB, *L*: ".

**F XXXXXX **S****UNG I**LQU*S* XXXX **L*COM I**LI*,D**MFONDS *DB, *L*:
XXX XXXXXXX XX, XXXX,XX *U*O + XXXX,XX ZINS*N *BZGL. X,XX G*B _OU* **F:
XXXWOXXXXXXXXXXX _

Any help you all could provide would be greatly appreciated.