Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default Date Entry Issue

While I agree with you in theory, in practice, the folks who might use this
form have been given that instruction and aren't doing it. I want to build
in a more fool proof method.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I think the safest way is to enter a real date. One that includes day, month,
year.

But if I entered: 9/2001
excel saw it as September 1, 2001.

Barb Reinhardt wrote:

I'm sure this isn't the first time this problem has cropped up so I'm asking
for assistance.

I have a worksheet that requires the user to enter dates into several cells
in the workbook. The dates are displayed as MMM-YY. If the user enters
9/01, they get 9/1/2006 instead of 9/2001. Is there any way to ensure that
they enter the dates correctly. I'd like to add it to the worksheet change
event if necessary.

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson