Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Simonds Patrick Simonds is offline

Default Vlookup on second WorkBook

Thank you below you will see my final code. I could not get it to work by
using the ListBox Index but was able to get around that by creating a
TextBox which contained the ListBox value. Was wondering if you could
explain why last 2 lines of my code do not work. I should explain that when
I search out the TextBox1 value in the other WorkBook it causes a macro to
run allowing me to edit the selected name.

Private Sub Edit_Name_Click()

Unload EmployeeList

Dim rng As Range, rng1 As Range
Dim sStr As String

Set rng = Workbooks("EmployeeList.xls").Worksheets("Employee _List").Cells
sStr = Me.TextBox1.Value

Set rng1 = rng.Find(What:=sStr, _
After:=Range("IV65536"), _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
LookAt:=xlWhole, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False)
If Not rng1 Is Nothing Then
Workbooks("EmployeeList.xls").Activate
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Employee_List").Activat e
rng1.Select

Else
MsgBox sStr & " not found"
End If

Workbooks("Vacation - Leave Book Master.xls").Activate
EmployeeList.Show

End Sub