Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RohanP7 RohanP7 is offline

Default How do I perform a partial word search in a cell ?

Thanks James, for your reply!

I got the double click working for a specified range of cells.
Using Intersect method with Target.

I'm looking to tweak the function a bit, i know what i want but i dont know
how to do it.

Firstly, I want to type the search into the cell itself instead of the text
box in the form, so that it updates the search with each keypress. Also I
would like to try and see how this works:

Populate a listbox with the search results for that cell.

I have a slight prob. with the search. It displays all searches in
alphabetical order. if I have a product called for example "Amazing Pen" and
then another called Pen. when I type Pen, it display 'Amazing Pen' before
'Pen', is there a way to modify it so that if I type 'Pen' It would show Pen
before amazing pen.
or in other words, if I type something then it should display exact matches
first ?

***When it comes to the search, "optimally", I would like the same search
flexibility as the 'J' key in winamp. With that it's possible to type any
portion of the search, in any order and it will display it.***

Any help would be veerrryy much appreciated. The help I've gotten so far has
been fantastic!
Thanks!