Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default Date Entry Issue

That doesn't solve the problem if the user enters the date as 9/01. It
assumes that what's entered is the month and DAY, not the year. I need to
ensure that they enter the year and am not sure how to address this, hence my
post.

"PCLIVE" wrote:

If you want the format of "9/2001", I would think you could just format the
cell as:

m/yyyy

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
I'm sure this isn't the first time this problem has cropped up so I'm
asking
for assistance.

I have a worksheet that requires the user to enter dates into several
cells
in the workbook. The dates are displayed as MMM-YY. If the user enters
9/01, they get 9/1/2006 instead of 9/2001. Is there any way to ensure
that
they enter the dates correctly. I'd like to add it to the worksheet
change
event if necessary.

Thanks