Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default Calculating Growth Rate

=(.05/12)*(numbertogrow)+numbertogrow
put the formula in the second cell in your 24 cell sequence and drag/copy to
remaining cells. This formula does not compound, it only shows the amount of
increase per month. To compound:
= (.05/12)*(numbertogrow)+OFFSET(currentcell,0,-1,1,1)
"tedd13" wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to calculate a growth rate. I am trying to find the
mothly growth rate over two years. The growth rate is 5% a year.
I am trying to enter a value in a cell and then the next 24 cells(for two
years) would be filled in with that value plus growth rate.
Thanks