Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
nejer2000 nejer2000 is offline

Default Paste Range to New Workbook

Hi Folks,

Still a beginner and winging my way through.... Trying to write some
code to workthrough a column, select the row according to some
condition and copy it to a new workbook (with the header row -
Range("1:1"). This should be a relatively simple task however, for
some reason when I get to the Selection.Paste command I get the error:
Run-time error '438': Object doesn't support this property or method.
I've tried a number of different options to no avail. Does anyone have
any suggestions as to how I might resolve this issue? Your help would
be most appreciated. Current code as follows:

Sub PasteRowToNewWB()
Dim r As Integer
Dim CellVal As String

Sheets("Actions").Select
For r = 2 To LastRowWithData() 'Function returns number of last
row with data.
CellVal = Cells(r, 9).Text

If CellVal = "Overdue" Then
Range("1:1", r & ":" & r).Select
Range("A3").Activate
Selection.Copy
Workbooks.Add
ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Activate
'MsgBox "The active worksheet is: " & Worksheet.Name
Selection.Paste

End If
Next r
End Sub