Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Danny Young[_2_] Danny Young[_2_] is offline

Default VBA to VBA Script Function

Hi, Don;

thank you for the speedy response. Here's the code I am currently working
with:

Sub SNMV()
Dim gwApp As Object
Dim gwRootAccount As Object
Dim oMessage As Object
Dim oMessages As Object
Dim strMessage As String

'Create the GroupWise application object.
Set gwApp = CreateObject("NovellGroupWareSession")
'Login to GroupWise. Since I should be already logged in, no password is
needed.
Set gwRootAccount = gwApp.Login("myusername")

'Open my mailbox.
Set oMessages = gwRootAccount.MailBox.Messages

'Crate a new blank message.
Set oMessage = oMessages.Add(" ")
strMessage = "message here"

'Set the message body and subject.
oMessage.BodyText = strMessage
oMessage.Subject = "The Modification Log has been Updated"

'Set the recipients.

'One internal address.
oMessage.Recipients.Add""
oMessage.Recipients.Resolve

'Send the message.
oMessage.Refresh
oMessage.Send
End Sub

I would like to pass data (variable?) from a userform, preferably a list
box, to the code lines below:

strMessage = "message variable?"
oMessage.Subject = "subject variable?"
oMessage.Recipients.Add"recipient variable?"

What do you think?

Again, much appreciated for the speedy reply. I look forward to hearing from
you.

| Danny

"Don Guillett" wrote:

I think you are looking at using variables in your macro such as

myvalue=range("a2").value
msgbox myvalue

Perhaps if you posted your code and requirements.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Danny Young" wrote in message
Hello:

An answer to one of the following would be greatly appreciated.

(1) I am trying to send data to a specific location in a VBA script from a
cell on its respective spreadsheet.
Is this possible?
If so, how?

(2) If not, is it possible to send data from a cell on a spreadsheet to a
DOS Batch File?
If so, how?

(3) Is it possible to create a Macro that records the actions in the VBA
Script Editor?
If so, how?

I am trying to pass data from a cell to a VBA Script, which is a mailing
program for Novell Groupwise; I need to allow input of different e-mail
addresses, messages, and subjects.

As I am fairly new to VBA I would appreciate layman's terms, if that is
possible.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Danny