Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Zone Zone is offline

Default How do I perform a partial word search in a cell ?

Rohan, you might like this file:
http://savefile.com/files/152644
After downloading, open the file and display Sheet2. Select an empty
cell in column A. Type in a few letters and select a matching word
from the list. This uses the Worksheet_SelectionChange event for
Sheet2. Hope it helps! James
RohanP7 wrote:
I have a list of data (just one column).
It has a list of about 800 or more products.
On a seperate worksheet I want to enter products one after the other.
When entering part of it, eg. cil or pen
it should come up with a dropdown box at the side of the cell (like with
data validation dropdown box), with the values that 'contain' or *pen*
so some of the items appearing would be pen, pencil, pendant for example.

I think this would involve a macro that picks up each keystroke as its
entered into the cell (there are about 50 rows that may have this data
entered into it).
it would do a search with every keypress for contains: *pen*
and then use the search values in a data validation dropdown box for that
particular cell. This would be of GREAT help if you can help me out with
this, or even part of it!
Thanks!