SWalton

No need to explain how it worked, I figured it out. I still wanna know how
you knew that though! Thanks!

"David Billigmeier" wrote:

Just copy and paste the following code (verbatim) into any cell on your
worksheet:

=RIGHT(CELL("filename"),LEN(CELL("filename"))-SEARCH("]",CELL("filename")))

It will copy a text string corresponding to the tab name of the tab you are
working in. Note, however, that the spreadsheet you are working in has to be
saved or else it will output #VALUE!

Better?

--
David Billigmeier

"SWalton" wrote:

David, thanks so much for helping but I don't understand your answer
(probably because I am not an advanced user). Some more details or
explanation will help. thanks again!

"David Billigmeier" wrote:

Hello -
CELL("filename") will output the full path of the sheet and tab you are in
and:

=RIGHT(CELL("filename"),LEN(CELL("filename"))-SEARCH("]",CELL("filename")))

Will take just the tab name.

Hope that helps

--
David Billigmeier

"SWalton" wrote:

How do I get a cell to reflect the value which lies in a sheet's tab (the
sheet name) without having to manually type it in