Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mvyvoda mvyvoda is offline

Default Add-In Keyboard Shortcut

oh... I misnamed AddMenu. It works now, however I have a final question. I
have a scenario whereby I need this ctrl+shift+D to work in a situation where
someone has never ran the AddMenu routine. Is this possible? Or, do I have to
run AddMenu with the added ctrl+shift+D code before they can use ctrl+shift+D?

If you follow?

Thanks,
-m

"mvyvoda" wrote:

I got rid of the menu already in place to test to see if the ctrl+shift+D
would work if only personal.xla was in place and never ran. also, i did
rename the file, to no avail.

I don't have any other macro's that are similarly named.

AddMenu is a pretty typical routine that merely adds a menu, names it and
places arguments (attached to macros of course) within the menu.

Peter, I really appreciate all your help!!,
-m

"Peter T" wrote:

Why do you "get rid of the menu already in place"

Is AddMenu a Sub with no arguments

Do you have a similarly named AddMenu sub in any other workbook (incl
addins), if so did you prefix the way I suggested.

Apart from your Personal.xla do you also have Personal.xls, if so try
renaming the addin.

Regards,
Peter T

"mvyvoda" wrote in message
Peter,

When I do this, and get rid of the menu already in place (but run your

code)
I get an error:

The macro" C:\..\AddIns\personal.xla'!AddMenu' cannot be found

do you what this means?

Thanks,
-m

"Peter T" wrote:

Application.OnKey "+^D", "MyMacro"

This should create a shortcut Shift-Ctrl-D. If there's any possibility
MyMacro may exist in any other workbook prefix with ThisWorkbook.Name &

"!".
Call it from an Open event.

Not sure about naming your addin "Personal.xla" if there may also be a
Personal.xls open, guess it's OK but I wouldn't.

Regards,
Peter T

"mvyvoda" wrote in message
i am using an add-in to store macro's ("personal.xla" in C:\Documents

and
Settings\mvyvoda\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns). I need to have a
keyboard shortcut to one fuction within this add-in. The macro list
(Alt-F8)
does not list any macro's in personal.xla.

i'm not even sure where to start.

thanks,
-m