Manish Bajpai

David,

Dan's response proves that I was right in dividing 4500/151%. Dan was
looking for 151% increase and not 251% increase.

Dan,

It is my pleasure.

Why do you worry for future, when we guys are here to help you out.

Manish Bajpai

"David Billigmeier" wrote:

The answer for #2 is wrong, you forgot to add a 1 to the 151%. The formula is:
4500/2.51

--
David Billigmeier

"Manish Bajpai" wrote:

Dan, answers to your examples are as under:

1. This years sales are $3700, a decrease of 11.6%. Last years
sales would be $4185.52.

Formula : =3700/(100%-11.60%)

2.This years sales are $4500, an increase of 151%. Last years
sales would be $2980.13

Formula : 4500/151%

Thanks,

Manish Bajpai

" wrote:

Hello -
My algebra days seem to be a little hazy today. Could someone please
assist on the basic calculation to find the original number.

example 1:
This years sales are $3700, a decrease of 11.6%. What would last years
sales be?

example 2:
This years sales are $4500, an increase of 151%. What would last years
sales be?

Thanks for any insight on this calculation.
Dan