Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default what's diferent in vba between 2002 & 2003

If you have a reference to something that is office 2003 related
(office/word/powerpoint/access/outlook), then try to run it on a pc that doesn't
have office 2003, you'll have trouble.

But the same thing will happen if you use references to 2002 and run it on xl2k
(or references to 2k and use xl97).

I think most people will use late binding to make sure that their code uses the
version that exists on the pc that runs the program.

lasso wrote:

thanks Dave for your great help.
now the problem is solved under your suggesstion.
I removed the missing office 11 library.
does this often occur with 2003 to 2002?

thankssssssssss again to DAVE11111111

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

UCase didn't change.

On the offending pc, open that workbook, go to the VBE, select your project.

Then look under Tools|References
Look for MISSING

Remove that reference (or replace it with one that exists)

lasso wrote:

if I run this macro under excel 2002, Microsoft visual basic shows the
message: Can't find project or library.
the error line is in "Private Sub Work_Open()" at "UCase"

P.S this macro is fine under excel 2003.

I gusee it maybe cause by different VBA location between 2003 & 2002 .

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

The actual line and the error generated would also be a big help.

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"lasso" wrote:
| Hi Dave,
| thanks your reply.
|
| I paste the code here.
|
| Private Sub Workbook_Activate()
|
| Call CreateMenu
|
| End Sub
|
| Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)
|
| Call DeleteMenu
|
| End Sub
|
| Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate()
|
| Call DeleteMenu
|
| End Sub
|
| Private Sub Workbook_Open()
|
| Dim R As Integer
| Dim AU As String
|
| On Error GoTo Nothing_Happen
|
| Application.CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False
|
| AU = Replace(Trim(UCase(Application.UserName)), " ", "")
| R = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
|
| Sheets("To_Be_Arrange").Select
|
| For I = 1 To R
| If Replace(Trim(UCase(Cells(I, 11))), " ", "") = AU Then
| Selection.AutoFilter Field:=11, Criteria1:=Cells(I, 11)
| Range("A1:N" & CStr(R)).Sort Key1:=Range("L2"),
| Order1:=xlAscending, Key2:=Range _
| ("D2"), Order2:=xlAscending, Key3:=Range("A2"),
| Order3:=xlAscending, _
| Header:=xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False,
Orientation:= _

--

Dave Peterson

--