Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sierrraxray Sierrraxray is offline

Default External data import with a formula, fiormula is not evaluated

The problem has been described from a different view angle in KB Article
135506.

However, there is only a manual solution offered, by way of entering the
cell via F2, similar to what I wrote.

I am lokking for an automatic solution, however.

Why does Excel not recognize a formula that is fetched from a database?

Thanks

"Allllen" wrote:

First suggestion:
ToolsOptionsCalculationAutomatic, but I guess you will have tried that.

Otherwise can you post the formula here.
--
Allllen

"Sierrraxray" wrote:

I import data from a database into Excel. One of the fields contains a
formula. However, the Formula is not evaluated after the import. All the rest
works fine.

Only if I enter the cell via F2 and then get out again the formual is
evaluated.

Is there a workaround, without using VBA?

Thanks