Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Snake Plissken[_2_] Snake Plissken[_2_] is offline

Default Macros are disabled (How to)

Hi guys,

Indeed, I know how to disable and enable macros but I want to provoke
the message to appear when my security level is set to High and the
file opens for the first time.

As I understood:
- the file contains macros and you want them to be there ( macros should be
functional I assume ? )
- you want security level set to High. Neverthless you want to see warning
message

Then I think you could add your own digital signature (private certificate)
to VBA projects so users would be warned that file contains macro written by
you and they may decide wether it should be switch on (optionally they could
install your certivicate so every macro signed with this certificate would
open without promt message). The file that opens program creating private
certificates is: selfcert.exe (I dont remember if all office versions works
this way)
Does it help ?

regards,

S.