Posted to microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion,microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Problem reading value from Excel spreadsheet

Jack,
Use the .Text (what is displayed in the cell) property instead of the .Value
(what is stored in the cell).

NickHK

"Jack" <notreplyto@it wrote in message
Hello,
My code imports data from Excel spreadsheet.
The line of code is:
oExcelWS.Cells(Row, Column).Value
All is fine when cell contains text or number, however one cell contains
time in 24 hrs format"
for example 22:35
When reading that cell value the result is not 22:35 but 0.78333...
I understand that Excel does calculation in here but I need to read the
original cell value without any transformation.
What can be done about that?
Your thoughts appreciated,
Jack