Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JNW JNW is offline

Default Creating Hyperlinked "Map" to Complex Model

Running separate instances of excel means losing many of the benefits of
using excel.

Hyperlinks will work if you do the the following:
-open both workbooks in one instance of excel
-strecth your excel window to cover both screens
- goto Window Arrange and select tile vertically

This will allow for the hyperlinks to work. I've got two screens and this
is the way that I work with them.
--
JNW

"SteveC" wrote:

Workbook A is a multisheet complex model.

Workbook B is a "Site Map" -- to the contents of Workbook A.

Each workbook is open in a separate instance of Excel (I have two Excel
applications running).

This is because I have two computer screens. This is the only way I've
figured out to get separate workbooks on different screens.

By clicking on a cell on the Site Map (Worksheet B), I want to be taken to a
specific cell on Worksheet A.

First of all, is this generally the way you would go about this? I'm asking
because maybe all I want is a floating toolbar with hyperlink capabilities --
but it would have to be a fairly large toolbar that could be
maximized/minimized at will.

Any suggestions? Hyperlinks don't work with the method I tried. Thanks for
your help.