Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CAM CAM is offline

Default Help!!! MoveFile Method

Ron,

I really appreciate you help and your excellent programing. Thanks again.
Regards,

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
Hi CAM

See the copy macro
http://www.rondebruin.nl/folder.htm

And then delete the files in frompath
http://www.rondebruin.nl/folder.htm#Delete

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"CAM" wrote in message
Hello,

Can someone see my code and try to help me get rid of this error message:
Run Time error '58';
File already exists

There will be existing files and I do want to overwrite those files
automatically and continue to move the rest of the files to the
destination folder.

Private Sub cmdMoveFiles_Click()
Dim FSO As Object
Dim FromPath As String
Dim ToPath As String
Dim FileExt As String
Dim FNames As String

FromPath = "D:\Main Folder\"
FileExt = "*.xls"

If Right(FromPath, 1) < "\" Then
FromPath = FromPath & "\"
End If

FNames = Dir(FromPath & FileExt)
If Len(FNames) = 0 Then
MsgBox "There is no files in " & FromPath Exit Sub
End If

Set FSO = CreateObject("scripting.filesystemobject")

ToPath = "D:\Test"

FSO.movefile Source:=FromPath & FileExt, Destination:=ToPath
MsgBox "Files moved from " & FromPath & " into " & ToPath

End Sub