Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tony McGee Tony McGee is offline

Default VBA Application.xlCalculationManual

Hello all

I know that setting calculation mode to xlManual will speed Excel VBA up.
But are there any situations where it can cause incorrect results etc.

Say I have a range of cells that I need to loop through twice (or more than
once anyway). Once to test cell contents & then possibly change some cell
values. Now I need to loop through the same range again to do something else
after this first test.

Can I have calculation set to xlManual for the whole routine or will this
prevent the changes from the "first" loop being used in the second loop?

Basically, I'm doing a "find & replace" first time through the loop, then
looping through again to do something else based on the cell contents AFTER
the find & replace.

Does this create a problem or not? Hope I have explained myself correctly.

Thanks
Tony McGee