Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default My .xla custom menu items doesn't show up when using 3rd party software

hi Michael

If you run Excel from another program code in Add-ins will not run
(you see the add-ins checked in ToolsAdd-ins)

Run this in Start Run in Windows with Excel closed and you see it

excel.exe /s

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Michael Malinsky" wrote in message ups.com...
Long subject line...sorry.

Anyway, I have created an .xla add-in that creates a custom menu item
on the standard menu bar. This works fine when opening Excel.

However, we use a 3rd party application that integrates with Excel
(essentially document management software) that is causing problems.
If I open a workbook through that software, the menu that is supposed
to be created with my add-in does not appear even though the add-in is
checked in the ToolsAdd-ins dialog. If a uncheck and add-in, close
the Add-in dialog, open the Add-in dialog, check my add-in, then close
the Add-in dialog, the menu appears like it should.

I would like to distribute this add-in to everyone at my office, but
this is a sticking point for which I cannot seem to find a solution.

Thanks,
Mike.