Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] MaryLindholm@gmail.com is offline

Default Macro to insert headers..need coding help

Thank you for that. But this only seems to take care of if there is 1
row that starts with 01...I have various ones through out the file. Do
I need to put a loop command in?
Sandy wrote:
Try running this code on a spare sheet(copy your original for testing
purposes). I think this is what you were looking to accomplish:

Sub test()
Dim Counter As Integer
For Counter = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp) To 1 Step -1
If Cells(Counter, 1) = 1 Then
Cells(Counter, 1).EntireRow.Insert
Cells(Counter, 1).FormulaR1C1 = "Record Type"
Cells(Counter, 2).Value = "Process Date/Time"
Cells(Counter, 3).Value = "Customer Number"
Cells(Counter, 4).Value = "Customer Name"
Cells(Counter, 5).Value = "Enrollment Type"
Cells(Counter, 6).Value = "Filler"
End If
Next Counter
End Sub

Sandy

wrote:
Hi. I have some very large spread sheets that I need to insert headers
into. I figure I can do an If...then statement but I'm not getting it
to work. Here is what I have:

Sub Headers()

Dim Counter As Double

Counter = 1

If Cells(Counter, 1) = "01" Then

Cells.Insert shift:=xlDown

'do the splitting here, like
Cells(Counter, 1).FormulaR1C1 = "Record Type"
Cells(Counter, 2).FormulaR1C1 = "Process Date/Time"
Cells(Counter, 3).FormulaR1C1 = "Customer Number"
Cells(Counter, 4).FormulaR1C1 = "Customer Name"
Cells(Counter, 5).FormulaR1C1 = "Enrollment Type"
Cells(Counter, 6).FormulaR1C1 = "Filler"

End If
'Increment the Counter By 1
Counter = Counter + 1
End Sub

So every time the first cell has an 01 in it I want to insert a row
that has the header titles in it. However, when I run this macro
nothing happens. I'm not sure what I am missing. Can you help?