Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default save file speeds very different on differnet Excel versions, are Save features tweakable?

Mike,

There is nothing within Excel that you can set to change the save speed. Usually, it is a system
issue: network connections, anti-virus software, mis-behaving add-ins, disk fragmentation, temp
folder overload, etc. There's a whole list of things that can come into play....

Try starting Excel in safe mode:

Excel.exe /s will open Excel in safe mode
Clean up the temp folder.
windows Start button - choose Run
%temp%
That will take you to the temporary folder: Clean up everything you can.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Mike Scirocco" wrote in message
I have a workbook that saves in less than a second on my Windows 98SE 512MB Office 2000 machine.
e.g. Load workbook, change text entry, slick "Save" icon on toolbar.

The same workbook takes 10 seconds to save on my 2 GHz 512MB XP machine.

Are there Save features in Excel that I can adjust to try to improve the save speed?

TIA,
Mike