Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Duncan[_5_] Duncan[_5_] is offline

Default tricky formula

Like the novice that I am I changed it to

=(OR(COUNTIF(A2:C2,"")=3,AND(AND(ISNUMBER(A2),ISNU MBER(C2)),OR(ISNUMBER(B2),ISBLANK(B2)))))

But that brings up true or false and i want it to bring up a 1 or a 0,
also doesnt bring up the true or false in the right contexts..... I
think I am being stupid.....

Duncan wrote:
Hi Bob,

Thanks for your swift reply, but I pasted it straight in and came up
with an error, am i missing something?

Many thanks

Duncan

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Duncan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Guys,

been a while since ive been on here!

I am trying to work out a tricky formula...I will attempt to paste an
example below.

Header1 Header2 Header3 Formula Values
1
Date Date 1
Date Date Date 1
Date Date 0
Date 0

Now if header 1 2 and 3 are blank then I want a result of 1 from my
formula, if there are dates in all columns then I want a result of 1,
and same if only B column is blank (or header2), but then if 3 is blank
or 3 + 2 are blank then I want a result of 0.

Any ideas?