Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ken McLennan[_4_] Ken McLennan[_4_] is offline

Default .usedrange in closed workbook

[This followup was posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming and a
copy was sent to the cited author.]

G'day there Tom,

In article ,
says...
I don't see why PasteSpecial Values shouldn't work (unless you have merged
cells)

I'm not sure now myself why it didn't work. I can't even recall
what messages I got. I intend to have a play with it tonight to see
what's going on.

Theoretically there shouldn't be any merged cells as the
individual worksheets all come from the same template and it's got
nothing but separate cells. However, it is quite likely that someone
could have merged some cells on their own copy.

The data I'm working with is a series of about 40 - 50 shift
rosters for the same number of sections. Each Roster Clerk has their own
ideas on how it should be done and there's little consistency. Those who
use the template "as is" (the majority) aren't causing me problems. It's
the clerks who have devised their own macros and formulae that are
creating havoc. I don't want to dictate their usage, especially as some
of their ideas are quite productive. However I also need to collate all
their results and trying to navigate around their code is a pain.

Oh well. I'm off to look again at the PasteSpecial code I've used.
I'd hazard a guess that it's more a problem of my code not handling the
data correctly once it's imported, rather than a problem with the
PasteSpecial. Still, I hope to find out shortly.

See ya
Thanks for the quick reply.
Ken McLennan
Qld, Australia