Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
James Bond[_2_] James Bond[_2_] is offline

Default Determine number format of excel cell

hi,

I am writing a program to read data from excel sheet.
while reading a cell which contains a date, it returns a number.

Eg:Suppose cell A1 contains the following date : February 13, 1900
The Range object that refers the cell, returns to me 44 as value.

By googling, I found the method to convert it back to the date format.
they are : Application.WorksheetFunction.Text(value, "mm/dd/yyyy")
or DateTime.FromOADate(double d)

But my question, is there any way i can determine if the cell has DATE
type.

I can get the format of the date by using Range.NumberFormat. But I
need to first know, if the cell is DATE type for that?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.