Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Thulasiram[_2_] Thulasiram[_2_] is offline

Default Problem with nested merge with bodering - Please help

Great Jim!

It works. You solved this hiding issue!

Thanks a lot.

Jim Cone wrote:
Just remove the Range("B2:F8").Select line.
--
Jim Cone

"Thulasiram"
wrote in message
Jim,
I understand the advantages of recording macros. But I feel that the
disadvantage of macros is it is not generic. I recorded a macro (given
below) as you said. It works fine. But, it works for that particular
range "B2:F8". If I record macros for all sets, then hiding the
boundaries doesnt become generic.

Sub Macro2()
' Macro2 Macro
' Macro recorded 10/9/2006 by Thulasiram
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+h
'
Range("B2:F8").Select '<<<<<<<<<<<REMOVE
Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalDown).LineStyle = xlNone
Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalUp).LineStyle = xlNone
Selection.Borders(xlEdgeLeft).LineStyle = xlNone
Selection.Borders(xlEdgeTop).LineStyle = xlNone
Selection.Borders(xlEdgeBottom).LineStyle = xlNone
Selection.Borders(xlEdgeRight).LineStyle = xlNone
Selection.Borders(xlInsideVertical).LineStyle = xlNone
Selection.Borders(xlInsideHorizontal).LineStyle = xlNone
End Sub

I tried using "Selection.Borders.LineStyle = xlNone" in a different
function called as OutlineSelectedAreas1 but unfortunately it did not
hide the border :-(

Jim Cone wrote:
Have the user do the following...
Select the area
Format menu | Cells | Border (tab)
Click the "None" button.

Record a macro if you want some code.
"Selection.Borders.LineStyle = xlNone" will work most of the time.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA