Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Zone Zone is offline

Default Google Beta Reply to Author

Charles, Another interesting strategy. My main problem is if I'm
trying to help someone and they need a userform solution, it's almost
impossible to explain how to layout and hook up a user form in the
newsgroup. Wouldn't it be great if Google had a way to pass Excel
files anonymously? Then I could just download the file to Google and
tell the person I'm trying to help the name of the file and they could
go to the Google resource and download it. Guess that is asking for
the moon and stars. Google does seem to be trying to address the
problem. Hopefully they'll keep working on it. Regards, James
Charles Chickering wrote:
James, I post an old yahoo address when I need to see a file. I have notice a
lot more spam being sent to the bulk folder since then... Oh well, I guess
that's what spam filters are for.
--
Charles Chickering

"A good example is twice the value of good advice."

"Peter T" wrote:

Bob,
Like me you have a gmail account which means Google has a record of all your
exchanges, with which analyse and target you with [sic] relevant
advertising.

Zone,
From time to time I post my email address in thinly disguised form. AFAIK to
date no trawler has scooped it up.

Regards,
Peter T

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
But Google will have it, and a record of who you emailed, what you said.

No
thanks!

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Zone" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've been looking into the Google Beta version for Groups. It still
has a few warts, but Reply to Author seems to be a very nice feature,
since it allows a poster to send me his/her e-mail address for passing
files without either of us posting our address in the newsgroup.
Satisfies a real need, it seems to me. They will be able to see my
e-mail address on their sent mail, but at least we don't have to post
our addresses in the ng to pass files. I can always just delete their
e-mail if necessary. I would prefer to explictly allow the poster to
e-mail me, but ng security is weak anyway, so this is an improvement.
Any comments? James