Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Zone Zone is offline

Default Google Beta Reply to Author

Thank you, Bob, for your reply. That's an interesting perspective I
hadn't thought of. I tend to still like the Reply to Author method,
because:
1. Google has my e-mail address, anyway.
2. For Excel topics, I don't really care if my e-mail content is
pirated because it's just helping people, which I enjoy.
3. A few people have tried to help me set up a more secure way of
e-mailing posters. I think I'm fairly smart on some Excel things, but
I just "don't get" a lot of internet stuff, including that.
I notice that you use gmail. From the g, I assumed that was a Google
service (probably wrong!)
Your posts are always informative and interesting. Thanks again.
Best regards,
James
Bob Phillips wrote:
But Google will have it, and a record of who you emailed, what you said. No
thanks!

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Zone" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've been looking into the Google Beta version for Groups. It still
has a few warts, but Reply to Author seems to be a very nice feature,
since it allows a poster to send me his/her e-mail address for passing
files without either of us posting our address in the newsgroup.
Satisfies a real need, it seems to me. They will be able to see my
e-mail address on their sent mail, but at least we don't have to post
our addresses in the ng to pass files. I can always just delete their
e-mail if necessary. I would prefer to explictly allow the poster to
e-mail me, but ng security is weak anyway, so this is an improvement.
Any comments? James