Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Macro to Save As to a specific location

strPahtName
is a typo.

Check your spelling of your variables.

If you're lazy (like me), you'll want to add:

Option Explicit
to the top of the module. Then VBA won't even run your code as long as there's
an error like this.

Char4500 wrote:

I have a Macro that I want to save the file using the date that's listed in a
specific cell, however I want the file to be placed in a specific folder.
Below is the code I'm using, however It does not saving it in
"T:\MBRProjects\Reports\Weekly Hour Forms\" it saves the file to the last
folder I was in. How do I correct this?

Sub FridayUploadPrep()
'
' FridayUploadPrep Macro
' Macro recorded 9/28/2006 by Charlene Parker
'

'
Sheets("Friday").Select

Dim wb As Workbook
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim varVal As Variant
Dim strFileName As String
Dim strPath As String

Set wb = ActiveWorkbook
Set ws = wb.Worksheets("Friday")
varVal = ws.Range("N1").Value
strPath = "T:\MBRProjects\Reports\Weekly Hour Forms\"

If IsDate(varVal) Then
strFileName = "NPBR " & Format(CStr(varVal), "mm-dd-yyyy") & ".xls"
Else
strFileName = "NPBR " & Format(CStr(Date), "mm-dd-yyyy") & "saved.xls"
End If

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=strPahtName & strFileName

Set wb = Nothing
Set ws = Nothing

Dave Peterson