Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rafael Rafael is offline

Default Opening Notepad application from Excel macro

I had tried this method before but the macro does not record the procedures
once I ckick outside Excel.
What code should I use to get this process done automatically?

"NickHK" wrote:

Excel 10 and up have built in support for XML.
Record a macro as you perform the save and see the code.

Would that work ?

NickHK

"Rafael" wrote in message
I agree with you. So How could I save a specific worksheet in excel in a

txt
format, into a specific location? My data is in XML format and must be
exactly the same format as is in the excel worsheet because it will serve

be input into another program which is very case sensitive.

I would be interested however, out of curiosity, to know how to do the

long
the longer process I described previously.

Thanks!

"NickHK" wrote:

Rafael,
Do you really need to use NotePad/WordPad ?
It would be easier to save you data as a .csv or .txt file.
Or write you own file with Open.
Or even use a Rich Text Box.

Depends what data/format you need, but using NotePad/WordPad should be

your
last option.

NickHK

"Rafael" wrote in message
Hello,

How can I do the following:

- Open Note pad application from an excel macro
- Copy data from an excel worksheet into the newly opened Wordpad
- Save as a name and close the Wordpad file

Thanks!!