Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Connie Connie is offline

Default Data Validation without using List feature

Doug - Thanks profusely. This works beautifully, I figured it was
something relatively simple, but for the life of me I couldn't get it
to work. Maybe I'm having a bad day. Thanks again.

Doug Glancy wrote:
You can use a list but uncheck the "In Cell Dropdown" box.

Or you could use Custom instead of list and use this formula:

=OR(A1="AM",A1="PM")

hth,

Doug

"Connie" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am trying to validate data using the Data Validation interface. I
want to make sure the user enters either AM or PM, but I don't want to
use a list. I want the user to type the data in. Is there a way to do
this? Thanks.

Connie