Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
childofthe1980s childofthe1980s is offline

Default refreshing a pivot table

Hello:

I created a simple pivot table from an Excel spreadsheet. Then, I created a
macro to create this pivot table. You see, an external application will dump
data from GP into Excel and then the macro will automatically create a pivot
table.

This worked well until I added another record to the application's set of
data. When I ran the macro, the spreadsheet contained the additional record.
But, the pivot table was not updated by this record. When I noticed this, I
chose Data...Refresh Data. Still, the pivot table did not get refreshed.

Is there anyway to get the pivot table to automatically refresh itself with
new data and add this additional step to the macro accordingly?

Thanks!

childofthe1980s