Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Lew[_2_] Lew[_2_] is offline

Default Programmatically preventing macros issues

Sorry, I thought you meant the original answer to my post from Eric
Lachowitz. If the following is your original answer:

If you are using the clipboard and have a large amount of data, when you
attempt to close the file you could get a prompt to retain the information
in the clipboard.
You can suppress this with DisplayAlerts or you can copy an individual cell
to the clipboard before closing the workbook.

I remain at a loss. We're not using the clipboard, but we will be closing
files that we open. However, they will remain unchanged and should not
trigger a file save dialog.

Can you tell me anything about the excel AutomationSecurity property? For
instance, why are there 4 settings on the tools-macro-Security Level tab
whereas I can only set the property to 1, 2 or 3?

Thanks for your patience.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Not my original answer.

Tom Ogilvy

"Lew" wrote in message
I don't understand. The original answer was about digital certificates and
writing macros in vba. We are *not* using either one.