Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PG Oriel PG Oriel is offline

Default Hiding blank columns when autofiltered?

I have been unable to get the programming below to work. Jim, could I email
you the spreadsheet so you could see it?? Thanks!!

"Jim Jackson" wrote:

After your autofilter this might be what you are looking for as long as A2
or another particular cell will always be filled on the active columns.

Sub test()
Range("A1").Activate ' or whichever column holds the class names.
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="ClassName"

ActiveSheet.Range("A2").Activate
For x = 1 To 100

If ActiveCell = "" Then
Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = True
Else
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Activate
End If
If x 100 Then
Exit Sub
End If
Next x
End Sub

Columns("A:Z").select
Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = False
' to make them visible for the next procedure.
--
Best wishes,

Jim

"PG Oriel" wrote:

Hi,

I'm a teacher and have a mark book which I filter by class. I fill in data
in columns, but not every column necessarily, however, every column does have
a date in row 1.

Is there a way to use autofilter to just select the class, but then only
show columns with data in, and hide the rest. Obviously the date being in row
1 of every column might affect this??

If you do have any hints, that'd be fantastic!!!

Paul.