Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Britton Britton is offline

Default get range in pivot table

I'm looking to select a range in a pivot table. I'd rather do it by the pivot
table names rather than absolute cell values (e.g. "'Employee'['Barney,
Greg']" instead of "A1:A3"), but while I can see where in theory you can do a
PivotTable.PivotSelect() using such a format, I can't find where one can just
get the range directly (Application.Selection doesn't seem to work, and I
don't like using Select() anyway).

If it means anything, once I have a handle on the range I want to Group() it
so that I can e.g. group Barney and Greg as a subgroup of Employees called
"Annoying Twerps".

Could someone point me to the function or functions that would allow me to
do such a thing?