Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mps mps is offline

Default Random corruption in Excel files

"NickHK" wrote:

I'm using a Chinese system now and the everything seems a bit more stable.
If that is due to the system or the changes, I cannot tell at the moment.

Still same problem with "Rebuild All kanji" ; only two rows 192 pixels high.
Ah, but now I get 5 rows (A1:BC5), mostly filled shades of green, except one
cell in red and last row no fill.

Don't waste time on "Rebuild All Kanji". It is not meant to be used and will
be removed from the toolbar shortly.

If you put a break point on the line
Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer)
on the "test' userform, I then get errors.
After that it continues to error, whatever.
Without the break point, I seems to work, somewhat.

Where and if it fails varies greatly from machine to machine.

Without a lot more to see what you are actually doing, I cant't much more
than this.
There's certainly problems with maintaining a consistent state of the WB.

I'll see what I can determine over the weekend, but you certianly need a
more stable environment before release to the public.

The key issue seems to be that there is something in the Workbook causing
the VM to be unstable. When it crashes, it's almost always on innocuous lines
of code. I greatly appreciate your continuing to look at it.