Jon Peltier

Stuart -

Agreed, but it still beats paper and pencil (and eraser!).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Stuart Bratesman wrote:

Jon:

Thank you for your very timely reply, and I appreciate your advice.

However, I guess my point would be that Excel would be far more
convenient, flexible and responsive if it actually did offer more than one
set of data labels per series, that is, one indepent set of labels per label
type (series, category, value, etc.) instead of a single concatenated set -
with an option to concatenate them if the user were to so choose.

Having to resort to adding invisible series (which I have already had
too do on too many tiresome occassions) is painfully awkward, totally
kludgey, and far beyond the reach of the vast majority of Excel users. After
all, software is supposed to make the user's life easier and more productive
- and not the opposite.