Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Meltad Meltad is offline

Default User defined date entry into message box?

Thanks Nick,

I've put this at the start of my macro...
Set TodaysDate = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Please enter today's date",
Type:=1)
How do I ensure a date is accepted and recognised later in the code?
How can I now use 'TodaysDate' to copy relevant rows from my spreadsheets?

"NickHK" wrote:

Look at Application.InputBox in help

NickHK

"Meltad" ...
Hi all,

Can I start my macro with a message box/prompt for the user to enter the
date and set this as 'todaysdate' (or something!) - I would then use this
user defined date to go into 3 other workbooks, select all data for that
date, copy the rows and paste into the original workbook.
Is this possible?!

Thank you!