Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default CountIf Greater Than/Find Greater Than

If you are going to concatenate strings, with intermediates separated with
commas,
don't do more than say 12 at a time before converting to a range or you
might exceed the 255 address limit.

As I mentioned union is only slow if you are likely to end up will large
multiarea ranges (note I don't mean multicell). Which way to cater really
would depend on your ultimate objective with the range object(s). You say in
the Copy method' but you can't use the copy method with non-contiguous areas
anyway, so I'm not quite sure what you are doing.

Regards,
Peter T

"Sisilla" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello Peter,

Thanks for your reply. Are you saying that it would be faster to
concatenate strings with every iteration of the loop than to union
non-contiguous ranges?

If this is indeed what you are saying, then I will have to find some
way to convert the returned string back to a range once it is needed
(in the Copy method). Thank you for your advice.

Sisilla

Peter T wrote:
You have answers to your main question but just to add, if your
'AtLeastCells' cells will exist in many non-contiguous areas your union

loop
will become exponentially slower, eventually to a crawl. If that's a
possibility consider not making a single large multi area range object

and
processing in a different way. Eg make an array of string addresses for
later use, or process intermediate range objects that exceed say 100

areas.

Regards,
Peter T

"Sisilla" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hello All,

The following code runs slowly. Is there a better way to do this,
perhaps with CountIf and Find? If there is even the smallest
improvement from comparing every cell in the SearchRange with
CompareValue, I'd love to hear the solution!

Function AtLeastCells(CompareValue As Integer, SearchRange As Range)

As
Range

'Searches SearchRange for values that are greater than or equal to
CompareValue
'of Integer Data Type.
'If values are found, all matching cells are returned.
'If no value is found, an empty range is returned.

Dim rCell As Range

For Each rCell In SearchRange.Cells
If rCell.Value = CompareValue Then
Set AtLeastCells = UnionWithNothing(rCell, AtLeastCells)
End If
Next rCell

End Function

I greatly appreciate any help.