Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Saving a file

You will need to close down JobSave1 and re-open Process Tech Time Sheet
Ver2.1.XLS. When you do the Save As (the same as if you do a normal save as
not through code) your original file is no longer open...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Oldjay" wrote:

I have a file named "Process Tech Time Sheet Ver2.1.XLS"
I modify it and then want to save it under another name say "jobsave1"

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=jobsave1
ActiveWorkbook.Close
Windows("Process Tech Time Sheet Ver2.1.XLS").Activate
Range("D1").Select
Range("D3").Select

The problem is after I save "jobsave1" I can no longer activate "Process
Tech Time Sheet Ver2.1.XLS"

How do I save "jobsave1" and then return to "Process Tech Time Sheet
Ver2.1.XLS"

oldjay