Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Graham Whitehead Graham Whitehead is offline

Default Combo boxes

Yes there is. The method I use is to have a sheet with the values that will
be in the combo boxes. Suppose there are 4 option is combo box 1. When the
user selects a choice from here there is an associated listindex value with
the selection - from 0 to 3. Put the values for combo box 2 into 3
columns - lets say A,B,C & D. It is then possible to get excel to evaluate
the length of the lists (if they are different lengths) and then create a
loop to store these values in an array, using the listindex value as a
column selection value. Then populate the second combo box from the values
in the array. I am assuming that you know how to code these steps - if you
dont then I can help you with it.

"Keith" wrote in message
I am looking for a way to have 2 combo boxes on a worksheet, but the values
that Appear in the second combo box depend on the value of the first box.

Is there a way to do this in Excel?