Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
massi[_2_] massi[_2_] is offline

Default delete rows

Hi Bob,
good afternoon,
I have creeated the addin no problem but how do i use it?
sorry but this is all new for me...
Massimo

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Look at creating an addin.

How to create an add-in file in Excel 2000

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"massi" wrote in message
I couldn't reply earlier as I had the i-net down. At the end I manage to

find
a solution.:

'---------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------
' this part transform the links in normal test and substitute #N/A with
blank cell

'---------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------
Cells.Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Columns("B:B").Select
Selection.Replace What:="#N/A", Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
ReplaceFormat:=False
End Sub

'--------------------------------------------------------
'and this one remove all the blank cells
'--------------------------------------------------------
Sub Macro02()
Dim Rng As Range, Rng1 As Range

Set Rng = Range("b1:b10000") '<<====== CHANGE to suit

On Error Resume Next
Set Rng1 = Intersect(Rng, _
Columns("B:B").SpecialCells(xlBlanks))
On Error GoTo 0

If Not Rng1 Is Nothing Then Rng1.EntireRow.Delete

End Sub

it might not be a masterpiece of VB but it works fine. It was the first

time
I putting my hands on a macro...

now I need to apply this macro to different files. What I have done at the
moment is:
I have a blank excel file with the macro recorded. Then I open the files I
need to work on and I run the macro from tools/macro. Is there a finer way

make this macro working for the files? Other people should work with this
file and I was hoping to find a better solution.

cheers

Thanks for your help

"Sandy" wrote:

I agree with you Bob, yours code is def the one to go with...

Sandy

Bob Phillips wrote:
Public Sub Tester02()
Dim Rng As Range, Rng1 As Range

For i = 10000 To 7 Step -1
If IsError(Cells(i, "B")) Then
If Rng1 Is Nothing Then
Set Rng1 = Rows(i)
Else
Set Rng1 = Union(Rng1, Rows(i))
Next i

If Not Rng1 Is Nothing Then Rng1.Delete

End Sub

I think Sandy's doesn't work because he is going top-down, and the

pointers
get out of sync, which is why I went bottom up.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"massi" wrote in message
I have tried both of the methods that you have suggested but

unfortuantely
no
one works.

The one from Bob returns me Compile Error: Syntax error and it gets

stuck
while the one.

and yours it works only partially, meaning that it deletes some rows

but
not
all and it deletes also the ones with the relevant information i

want to
keep.

any idea why?
thank you

"Sandy" wrote:

This one will work too...

Sub DeleteRow()
Dim MyCell As Range
On Error Resume Next
For Each MyCell In Range("B1:B10000")
If CVErr(MyCell) = CVErr(xlErrNA) Then
MyCell.EntireRow.Delete
End If
DoEvents
Next MyCell
End Sub

Sandy

massi wrote:
Hi,
I need a macro that check the values of a column (let's say B)

which
has
links to another sheet. in case the cell is equal to "#N/A" I

want to
delete
the whole row.

I have a macro that works fine if the cell is empty (see below)

:
'=======================
Public Sub Tester02()
Dim Rng As Range, Rng1 As Range

Set Rng = Range("b7:b10000") '<<====== from b7 to b10000

On Error Resume Next
Set Rng1 = Intersect(Rng, _
Columns("B:B").SpecialCells(xlBlanks))
On Error GoTo 0

If Not Rng1 Is Nothing Then Rng1.EntireRow.Delete

End Sub
'<<=======================

I have tried this one below but it doesn't work.
'=======================
Public Sub Delete_empty()

If IsError(.Cells(Lrow, "b").Value) Then
'Do nothing, This avoid a error if there is a

error in
the
cell
ElseIf .Cells(Lrow, "b").Value = "#N/A" Then
.Rows(Lrow).Delete
'This will delete each row with the Value "ron"

in
Column A,
case sensitive.

any suggestion?