Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mps mps is offline

Default Random corruption in Excel files

Hey Nick,
It compiles without errors now and removes the toolbar, but still
intermittently crashes Excel. I have uploaded
http://www.japaneselearningtools.com/crash2.zip. On my machine, choosing
Excel@Japanese Tools/Clear History, followed by saving, crashes Excel.

Do you see anything else?

Thanks so much for all your help,

Mike

"NickHK" wrote:

Mike,
1. For one thing, allWords(i).CharRows returns an array of CharRow
objects. But your variable CharRows is an array of Integers.
Also, to use array assignment like this, use
Dim CharRows As Variant
For i = 1 To UBound(allWords)
CharRows = allWords(i).CharRows

It maybe better not to use CharRows as the name of the variable, to avoid
confusion with the CharRows property of allWords.

2. To me that toolbar is useless without the WB. You install it so it's
you responsibility to remove it.
Probably in the Workbook_Close event.
Application.CommandBars("Excel@Japanese Toolbar").Delete

NickHK

"mps" wrote in message
Hi Nick,
Thanks for suggesting Debug/Compile VBA Project. Very useful.

A couple of questions from what it shows:

1. I can't figure out why I'm getting the "Can't Assign to Array" error
because the array I'm assigning to is resizable, which is supposed to be

OK.
Can you look at that?

2. I didn't realize that I should remove the attached toolbar.

When/how/why
should I do that?

Thanks so much,

Mike

"NickHK" wrote:

I have noticed you are not removing the Toolbar you install upon

opening.

Excel XP & Excel 2000:
This version now gives Update Links request upon opening
Opening this version does not crash Excel, but if I drag the floating
toolbar around, I "erase" the visible cell and see the cell

"underneath".
The tabs are indicating "Words" is the activesheet, but it is 'All

Kanji"
that is "visible" and erased. After a save and reopen, this does not

happen
again.

After a test via "Start Test", saving does not crash, but errors on the
SaveTest routine with sub/function not found for "correctWords".

I have noticed you have numerous basic error :
Missing End If
Missing End Function
Can't assign to array

These found with DebugCompile VBAProject. You should fix these first

NickHK