Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Random corruption in Excel files

I have noticed you are not removing the Toolbar you install upon opening.

Excel XP & Excel 2000:
This version now gives Update Links request upon opening
Opening this version does not crash Excel, but if I drag the floating
toolbar around, I "erase" the visible cell and see the cell "underneath".
The tabs are indicating "Words" is the activesheet, but it is 'All Kanji"
that is "visible" and erased. After a save and reopen, this does not happen
again.

After a test via "Start Test", saving does not crash, but errors on the
SaveTest routine with sub/function not found for "correctWords".

I have noticed you have numerous basic error :
Missing End If
Missing End Function
Can't assign to array

These found with DebugCompile VBAProject. You should fix these first

NickHK

"mps" wrote in message
Hi Nick,
Don't worry about "Rebuild All Kanji" and "Start non-affecting tests".

Those
deprecated commands have mundane VBA errors.

I put up a particularly unstable version at
http://www.japaneselearningtools.com/crash.zip. This crashes Excel for me
just by opening the file (with macros enabled) and pressing the save

button.
On different machines, it fails differently at different times, but if you
try saving, using "Show Kanji Info" and run a test via "Start Test" (just
enter any text if you don't know Japanese), it will probably crash Excel
pretty soon (not just give a VBA error).

Thanks for looking at this,

Mike

PS. I apologize if this is a double post, but my previous post command
failed, so I don't know if this will be a duplicate.

"NickHK" wrote:

I had a quick look, but with all those forms, WS, modules and classes, I
don't have to check it all.
If you can be more specific, I'll have another look.

You do have a couple of problems :
- "Rebuild All Kanji" menu routine, as I get only 2 rows of characters,

with
all rows' height set 254 pixels. Excel XP.
- use the "Kanji Info" menu routine then results in a "Subscript out

of
range" error. "Start Test" also errors
- "Start nonaffect Text" menu routine errors with
........NonAffectingTextButton_Click cannot be found

NickHK

"mps" wrote in message
It doesn't crash the computer. Excel sometimes crashes when running

its
macros. What are you suggesting the risk is?

"Jim Cone" wrote:

You may have problems getting anyone to download and use
a file that is corrupted and crashes your computer.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"mps"