Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mps mps is offline

Default Random corruption in Excel files

I have coauthored an Excel file with many macros. After I use it a while, it
crashes in random places with "Microsoft Office Excel has encountered a
problem and needs to close..." The error signatures are in vbe6.dll.

The problem seems to be cumulative and associated with running macros.
Indeed, I can temporarily fix the problem by opening the file with macros
disabled, saving it, and reopening with macros enabled. However, it keeps
getting less and less stable the longer it is used, so it appears to be some
kind of accumulating corruption. Eventually, I have to create a new workbook
and manually copy all of the macros over to the new workbook, etc., which
works for a while. Many of my users are experiencing the same phenomenon.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of random corruption associated with
macros? The file is available for public downloading at
www.japaneselearningtool.com.