Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John[_88_] John[_88_] is offline

Default Modelling Object Models

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, its the first one really. I'd like to be able
to print off different versions and manipulate what to show.

Do you think this would be easier in VB.NET (I appreciate this is geting out
of scope of the NG)?

Anyway thanks for your time.

Best regards

John

"NickHK" wrote in message
John,
If you mean in code to loop through the properties, methods etc, basically
you can't.
There may be components that can examine the type library and present them
in some way like that, but natively, it's not supported.

If you mean to research/learn the object model, the Object Browser will
show you all available. And help has a section on the hierarchy of
objects.
There's also app like Type Library Explorer that may be useful.

NickHK

"John"
bl...
Hi there,

Can anyone tell me how to go about modelling an Office object model.

The part I'm not sure of is how to iterate through the objects and
methods etc.

Would you start with looping through the Application object and then go
from there and if so how would you get hold of the various names of those
objects and methods?

Best regards

John